RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just Made a Booklet

I'm panicking because I don't have enough stock right now to show my masseuse tomorrow night. She's been asking all about my stuff, but is rarely online and hasn't been able to visit my jewelry page. Last time she suggested printing pictures and putting them in a binder. Since my best customer and my hairdresser have vastly depleted my reserves, I don't have much really good stuff to show off! I've been trying to do a couple of things a night, but plans and life and housework often get in the way. The last two nights were spent working on a new batch of homemade bead caps, and tonight I must fill a custom order for an upcoming birthday gift. I know I know! I'm busy and selling a lot. I can't complain! If only I could afford to work part time. If only I had a studio. If only I won the lottery.

So I did the only thing I could do and quickly made a little booklet of everything I have for sale (including what's at my hair salon), and a few things that have sold recently that I could either duplicate or that could serve as inspiration for a custom order. It's 56 pages total -- double sided letter sized paper folded in half and stapled down the middle. Most of the photos look pretty crappy, but it's a starting point. It will fit in my purse, and I can whip it out as needed in case I want to show someone some of my jewelry, and they don't want to stand around awkwardly while I wait for my slow 3G phone to load up my Flickr page. That might be just the kick in the pants someone would need to actually look me up when I give them my card. We'll see how that works out.

In the mean time, have a look at a couple of pairs of earrings I made this week.

These look like they're about to fly away!


My best customer immediately snapped up the first pair of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...