RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dress Form Available at (My) Steinmart

I know many of you have commented on my dress form -- I just wanted to let you know that I went to Steinmart today, and there is STILL ONE LEFT! It's $49.99, and the thing's probably 3 ft tall. It's sturdy, heavy, and well made. While I was there, I heard an announcement that they have some policy that if there's something you want, but they don't have it in your size - they'll call other stores and have it shipped directly to you. SO, it might be possible to call and say you know there's one at this location:

2840 Veterans Memorial Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70002
504-831-0655

See if they can ship it to you. $50 is a STEAL for one of these things!

Here's a pic to remind you what it looks like.



On the jewelry front, I've had a pretty hectic week, so I haven't made much. I did do a lovely necklace with that red butterfly I got a few months back.



But I didn't take a photo of it, and I sold it right away. I also made a pair of earrings last night -- trying to find the inspiration, but sleep took over once I was done with the one pair.

I had very different plans for today, but I awoke to the sound of my dog puking. Again. I haven't even updated y'all about the last time or two that she's been ill. It's been a long time, it seems. They're finally doing blood work - clearly treating the symptoms wasn't enough. Poor thing had to have the blood taken from her jugular! Her little legs just weren't providing good veins. She's getting old, and her vet said he could find enough wrong with her for six dogs. So we'll see what the blood work reveals. Hopefully nothing too grim.

Meanwhile, I better get busy making jewelry so I can sell enough to cover her ever growing vet bills.

5 comments:

  1. Your poor baby :-( I hate it when the docs have to do additional tests, I mean hasn't the poor dog had enough of poking and prying? I hope she feels better soon and that the bills aren't too steep.
    As for the dress form, this is utterly unbearable. As you know, I live way across the ocean and I don't want to imagine what the postal bill might be like to haul it to EU. Not to mention customs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Such a sweet face. I hope she is ok. I'm an animal person and love my fur babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i hope your pooch is going to be ok. it sure gets expensive at the vet's office REAL quick. i can never seem to get out of there for less than $200. almost as bad as going to the mechanic. wah. hope it is a cheap and easy fix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. I still want those other butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scratch her behind the ears and rub her tummy a bit from me. Poor crazers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...