RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Springy Jade Necklace

I haven't been very inspired lately. I've had too much going on to be stressed out about, and the last thing I want to do when I feel that way is make jewelry. I did, at the very least, detangle and sort through one very messy skein of sari ribbon. I also managed to make one pair of earrings and a necklace.

It's been scary and expensive dealing with my dog's health, but it seems like we've figured out the problem (pancreatitis, which is apparently recurring and also potentially fatal), and are working toward keeping her well for the long run (very restricted diet, keeping her away from the cat's food, & antibiotics). At least she's acting like her normal self again. Thanks for the concern everyone :)

Hopefully, my inspiration will return in full force soon. Spring is never a good season for me anyway. People think I'm weird, but I find it as depressing as a lot of people find winter. I joke that I have reverse-Seasonal Affective Disorder, but it's true. I can't function in all the sun and the heat.  Dark & cool is when I thrive. Anyway, here's the necklace & earrings. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope I'll be more participatory on my own and on everyone else's blogs soon!

Recycled jade pendant & small bead on clasp, rainbow new jade bead,
recycled sari silk ribbon, antique finished copper wire & clasp


 Because some people like to see it on for actual scale.


Gunmetal findings, vintage aqua glass beads, recycled black glass beads, white rose-carved glass beads.

4 comments:

  1. I hope he gets better soon! Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that things with your dog seem under control now at the very least :-) such a worry for you. YOu've certainly made some beautiful things here despite the circumstances. Love that sari ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Crazers is feeling better, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Love the necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.

    Take a look at my website ... diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...